Why an Afghani changed his mind about the west

By Massood Qiam

My father was an army officer during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan and so naturally I grew up hearing anti-American and anti-imperialist slogans around me. Occasionally my father would bring home magazines and press materials published by the defence ministry's press office.


Even though at the time I had not yet developed an awareness of politics, I'd peruse the magazines, reading the captions of the photographs showing arms and weapons. I still remember one particular image, the photograph of an F-16 jet fighter that the US had given to Pakistan. Underneath the picture, it said, "F-16 fighters given to Pakistan by the imperialist power for the purpose of disrupting security and stability in the region."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
2009 PAK AFFAIRS - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue